Industrial farmhouse decor creates a striking balance between the simplicity of farmhouse home decor and the rugged charm of industrial aesthetics. If you’re like us, there’s no going back once you’ve fallen in love with this decorating style.
Here, we’re sharing some of our favorite industrial farmhouse decor inspiration, design ideas, and pieces. So tap into your inner interior designer and get ready to revamp your space.
What is industrial farmhouse decor?
Industrial farmhouse decor combines contrasting elements to create a distinctive look that evokes a sense of history and authenticity. Think rustic wood beams, brick walls, and industrial black metal accents with cozy textiles, shiplap walls, and vintage farmhouse decor.
The best part about this interior design style is how easy it is to personalize the look to fit your preferences. For example, you can add three or four industrial touches if you have a coastal farmhouse look in your living room. A vintage chandelier here, an iron pipe bookshelf there, and you’ll create an industrial farmhouse aesthetic that’s uniquely you.
Here are a couple of simple guidelines to help you design a masterpiece:
- Combine the rough and the refined: Mix textures in your spaces, pairing rough and refined surfaces for an authentic, inviting appeal.
- Meld the past and the present: Honor the past with vintage and rustic decor while nodding to the present with repurposed industrial elements for an unmatched balance.
If you already have a farmhouse or industrial space, getting the look will be easier. Add elements of the other half of the style until you have the blend you want.
Industrial farmhouse decor inspo for every room
The easiest way to capture a style without spending big bucks on an interior designer is to take inspiration from their work. There’s no shame in finding a few professionally-designed pictures or just one and recreating the things you love in your home.
Below, we’ve highlighted some of our favorite pics and pieces room-by-room to get you started.
With a leather sofa, wood coffee table, concrete wall, and neutral color palette, this living room gets industrial farmhouse decor right. We see greenery contrasting with metal light fixtures, a natural rug on a concrete floor, and cozy textiles beneath exposed metal piping on the walls. And don’t forget the vintage-style wall art.
Try adding industrial lighting to your living room with table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces, and pendant lights. Layered light creates undeniable coziness in almost any space.
The Chaplin metal mesh-shade table lamp blends airy and industrial design elements, boasting a striking metal mesh drum shade that brings dancing shadows and rich texture to any space.
Dining room and kitchen
This industrial farmhouse-style dining room stands out with low metal chairs and a repurposed wood tabletop. Using barn wood against a brick wall creates a stunning contrast of texture, color, and material, giving the entire space cozy vibes.
The open space is ideal for industrial farmhouse design and grants an excellent view of the farmhouse kitchen decor with its island seating, white countertops, and industrial light fixtures. The light brown wood flooring connects both rooms to unify them, while the barn doors provide a sense of separation.
Try pairing your chairs with an industrial-style wood dining table in your dining room or kitchen for a similar look.
These Bayu leather upholstered bar stools are perfect for counter-height tables and kitchen islands. With a comfortable seat and a durable metal base, all that’s missing is a rustic dining table.
We love this bedroom’s blend of industrial and modern farmhouse interior decor. The wood walls are adorned with metal wall sconces and topped with exposed wood beams on the ceiling, creating a rustic appeal.
The stone-style table beside the fireplace and open shelving is a fantastic example of adding stone elements when you don’t have brick walls. The greenery in the corner is a great way to add life to your space, especially in the fall and winter months.
Adding your favorite wall decor or decorative mirror over the bed would complete the space. Try this look by starting with an industrial-style platform bed and building from there.
The vintage-inspired Ricky platform bed features a harmonious blend of retro rustic charm and contemporary industrial design. With a frame that fuses art and function, this is the perfect piece to introduce industrial farmhouse decor and furniture into your bedroom. Bonus points if you add a glass shade bedside lamp on your nightstand to add some cozy light for reading.
Entryway, bath, or laundry room
This entryway proves that the smaller rooms have tons of potential, too. The concrete flooring offsets the modern farmhouse decor and wall art. It’s an example of leaning into the farmhouse look while adding one or two industrial-style elements for a personalized balance.
You can, of course, do the same thing in reverse. Try using rustic barn wood wall shelves in your industrial farmhouse bathroom and laundry room or greeting guests with an industrial hall tree in your entryway.
The Quincy hall tree features an industrial-style black metal frame with rustic engineered wood, setting the tone for industrial farmhouse decor throughout the home. It boasts an upper shelf for storage and concealed shoe storage below, all with a comfy bench for putting on or taking off your shoes.
More tips for industrial farmhouse decor
This timeless design style is all about harmony between warmth and simplicity. It’s easy to customize to your preferences and these tips will help you do just that.
- Combine textures: Blend pieces like a reclaimed wood bookcase with a raw steel frame, jute rugs on concrete floors, Edison-style lighting with farmhouse-style wall decor, and raw brick walls with barn doors for a visually engaging space.
- Highlight architecture: Exposed architectural elements like wood beams and steel pipes are prominent in both decor styles, so emphasize those if you have them; they can instantly infuse your space with more of an industrial farmhouse edge.
- Add greenery: Florals, houseplants, and other (faux or real) plants soften the edges of industrial decor, bringing nature indoors to enhance the coziness of your space.
- Use distressed finishes: Furniture and decor elements with distressed finishes convey a lived-in appeal that complements industrial farmhouse decor.
- Play favorites: Combine your favorite takes on farmhouse decor (e.g., French country, coastal, Scandinavian, or modern farmhouse style) and industrial decor (e.g., modern, minimalist, or urban/loft industrial style) to create a space full of things you love.
- Go DIY: Try making some home decor elements for a more rustic appeal. The possibilities are endless, from DIY industrial pipe shelving to DIY pressed flowers in picture frames.
Nail the look
Industrial farmhouse decor is versatile and straightforward enough that anyone can capture this aesthetic. All it takes is a few elements of each interior decor style to create a unique, personalized design.
Remember to use your inspiration pictures, too. Find images you love for each room of your home, save them, and refer to them when choosing furniture and decor.
Speaking of choosing furniture, check out the Coaster Furniture catalog for thousands of options and let our store locator help you find convenient retailers near you when you’re ready to buy.
Where To Buy